No more stalling! Stop hemming and hawing and just get one already!
I've narrowed it down to 2 mics.
option 1:Audio-Technica ATW-701/H92-TH Wireless System
- adjustable frequency
- easy to change batteries
- wire between headset and belt pack - make changing out the mic challenging. I would have to thread the wire through the corset. also, clunky belt pack.
- almost twice the cost ($400)
Option 2:Samson Airline Micro Earset System
- no wires. super easy and portable
- almost 1/2 the cost ($250)
- while the battery is easily USB rechargeable, it can only be changed by authorized repair folks. so if I have a show and the batter is dying, I can't just pop in two more AAs.
- cannot change the frequency. so if someone else is on stage or there is interference, I'm kind of stuck. the other person might have the ability to adjust their frequency, but might not.
I cannot testify to the quality of either.
both have mixed reviews, though they are mostly positive.
both have warranties
- airline - lifetime tech support + 2 year warranty included in cost
- audio technica - 3 year that I pay extra for: $70 (factored into the $400)
since I'm dropping a huge chunk of change on this, I want to make sure I'm getting the right thing. I would have bought the airline right out if had adjustable frequencies. $250 is easier to swallow than $400.
I still cannot decide.
in a perfect world, I would get both!
does anyone here have a suggestion?